Thursday, July 31, 2014

Great Falls Finally!!!

AHH!!! We finally got to Great Falls!!!
Mom was wondering if it was going to start to look better once we got off the plains...it does and I will get pictures of the town. We were so ready to get here!

 sign showing where to turn for the base...to the right. We weren't staying on base yet.

 Another sign showing some AF symbols...mom likes to take pictures;)

 FINALLY a sign showing we were in Great Falls!!!

 Did I mention that the Missouri river runs through Great Falls? Well it does and it is BEAutiful!!! We LOVE having water near our new home

 Two very EXHAUSTED and BEAutiful girls!!! Kadi was SO done at this point...bless her heart!

 Our Montana extended stay hotel (off-base). Very rustic inside and out.

 The last time the cars would be loaded up off-base and the last hotel Izzy would see for while.

 We had to get in one last free swim before we headed to base. The base does have a pool but it does have a fee...kinda like city pools but on base. There is a water park in Great Falls that we are planning on visiting soon with our cousins. No splash pads though that we can find that are just in a park. We still need to explore ALL of the parks in town though.

 So this is a missile base...the largest in the Western hemisphere to be exact. So they are kinda particular about pictures. Mom was sneaking pics EVERYWHERE though. My rebel family!

 The museum is RIGHT next to the main gate so these are pics from driving past (I have more for later). The museum is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller but has LOTS of history.

Have I mentioned of what a stud of a husband I have? Well I do!!!
Ok so some of you know that we have a few decorations that are pretty country. Travis is from Montana but pretty much a small town boy (he's a bankers son). He had only ridden a horse maybe twice when we met. He has grown SO much in the last 10 yrs as a horseman...I am SO proud! He has never hesitated to step in when I needed him on this trip...I couldn't ask for more.

 Izzy had to spend a week in quarantine when we got here just in case she had caught a cold (she didn't). But it was perfect cause this is the most land she has EVER seen. She was VERY nervous the first few days!


 So this is our barn that we OWN!!! And the base has 400 ACRES for the horses to have as pasture!!! AND a arena, round corral and tons of trails!!! We are SO excited!!!


Then headed to TLF (temporary lodging facility). The first week was a little tight cause there were 5 of us in a one bedroom apartment essentially.
 But we can make ANYTHING fun!!!


Mom and Amelia were with us in Great Falls for roughly a week while we waited for my dad to meet up with us. I will share more and more pictures and stories as time allows!

0 comments: