Sunday, September 7, 2014

This Week on the Sloan Files! hehehe!!!

This week had it's ups and downs. Kadi has started teething again (yay molars!), and I worked on organizing the house as much as I could. I was starting to loose my mind a little bit trying to work out projects at home and projects at the barn. i have now decided besides the horse stuff all maintenance at the barn is Trav's territory. He's happy, I'm happy and I can continue to organize the house and not stress.
The last weekend (Labor Day) was our super long weekend. We got to spend some time with family...love living close!!!
I had a few minutes...which turned into an hour...to ride my pony. One of these days I'm gonna take her on a trail ride and take pictures but I haven't gotten there yet.

So we were blessed to visit with our cousins that live in Great Falls as well. Trent and Christine Laird are Trav's closest cousins on his mom's side. Trent is his age and the guys lived close enough that they saw each other often. They have two boys around Kadi's age...Tucker is 3 and Coulter is almost 2...they LOVE each other SO much!!!
We got to show them around the base and the barn. The kids were playing barn version of tether-ball:) 

 Once we all saw the horse and fed her we headed to the house for dinner. So while we cooked the kids played!!
I am so glad they get along so well.

The rest of the week was full...and trying. I really tried to stay positive and patient all week. My outlet is the gym here on base. I am able to use machines or weights or the mat while Kadi watches shows or plays. I can keep an eye on her the whole time and she can't wander off. Genius!!!

We love having Travis home everyday. It is quite a difference from Dayton...he loved the Children's hospital but I like our family time. 
I almost have the house where I will be willing to share pictures...they'll come though no worries. We have more new things planned this week...including dance classes for Kadi and I.
So stay tuned!!!

0 comments: