Sunday, November 1, 2015

Ah the Joy of Halloween!!!!

Most people know that Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday! 
I love the spookiness, the costumes, the decorations, the treats, the stories, the history and most of all the time of year. Living in the midwest for the last 7 yrs we have been able to enjoy the color of the season but haven't really gotten to enjoy the fun of Trick or Treating. It was always too cold. But finally being back in the west we have seen lovely weather for this fun activity. I know lots of people posted here on base would beg to differ but it sure as heck beats the rain/sleet/snow we saw in Ohio for 5 yrs. Kadi was SO excited for Halloween to come, she would ask everyday if it was here or not.


I had my work cut out for me too. I initially thought that she would want to be a princess again or even a super hero, however she found out that one of her little friends was being a My Little Pony so that is what she wanted as well. Instead for trying to find a costume that was modest and not TOO dumb looking I decided to decided to make our own costume that would be sturdy enough for her to wear for dress up too. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Since Kadi had decided to be Fluttershy we decided to dress Teagan as Angel, Fluttershy's pet bunny. That costume I didn't make, and that is ok. 


 Our friends the Frei's, Twilight Sparkle (Scarlett), Pinkie Pie (Ivory), Spike (Forest) and Starr.

 I decided to slightly dress up as Rainbow Dash...you do what you can when your a busy mom.

Kadi and Scarlett were much more excited to be ponies then they look.

 On our way to find CANDY!!! We hit half our street before daddy got home.

We had to have our at home superhero dress up as his alter ego...a Marvel superhero.
He even sat still while I drew a mask on...as best I could with what I have. We love him and appreciate him. He truly is our every day hero!!! 


 Trying to charge his "ring". 

Kadi LOVES to dress up and LOVES to show people her outfit. Kadi's dance class had a Halloween party where her teacher let the girls where their costumes. Since Kadi's costume is so big and tricky to dance in she borrowed a dress from the studio. She was SO excited!!! She LOVED how it sparkled.


This little miss had her first Halloween. She is such a happy girl, as long as she can see her mommy. Such a momma's girl...I don't mind most of the time. She is even starting to play more and entertain herself.
I do believe she has started to teeth...at least I don't think she has reflux anymore...that's one positive note.

0 comments: