Thursday, October 25, 2007

Battle Wounds from Intramural Volleyball at DMU

Travis and I play on one of the Student Advocate Association (SAA) volleyball team. There are two, the "Gold Diggers" and the "Money Grubbers" (our team). Our team is not just the significant others of students but also some student spouses. We have had a run of bad luck. We started out 3-0 but now we are 4-2. I have come away with a couple of battle wounds. The 1st was from last week. I always wear my knee brace but last week it made me think that I could dive for the ball and I ended up bruising the heck out of my good knee. The rest of the photos are from last night and the latest accident. I was being brave and saw I was up against a girl my height so we both jump to tip the ball. I am still not sure how this happened but I came back down on her shoe and sprained my ankle BAD!!! It swelled sooo fast. I was good though I sat down and cheered for our team and once the game was over I then leaned over and let loose, and cried out in pain. So it has come down to 2 days off of work and no moving. It hurts like the dickens. These pictures don't do me justice cause the swelling has gone down quite a bit but hey you get to see the color. I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stonger, however not a better player but that won't stop me!



2 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Kamala those look really really painful - besides all the battle wounds it really does sound like a lot of fun though. Sorry we missed you and Travs call. That's the second time now! AACOM finally finished processing Marks application and now he has to start working on Secondary Applications. He applied to a couple of MD schools but AAMC hasn't processed those ones yet...soooo we are still playing the waiting game. AHHHHH! Zina and Wilson are still full of the dickens and Wilson truly is Mommy's Wakeup Call. :)

munyer jerk chicken said...

ouch kamala! good thing your hubby knows how to take care of you, right??? this sounds like a really good excuse for some serious TLC. your cat is a cutie.

hey, my blog is invitation only now but i don't have your email address to send you an invitation to read it. will you call me with it? or here's a clue (i don't want to put my email address on your blog): write the first four letters of my name then with no spaces add "zava" to it. it's @yahoo.com. thanks!