Thursday, December 6, 2007

Before & After



So here are Kamala's before and after pics of the fractured fibula. I've inverted them so that you see the positive image instead of the negative. The fracture shows up well in the before, but I didn't have my camera set up as well for the after picture and the fracture part got washed out, but you get the idea. The radiologist, PA, and DO said it looks good and she can start walking on it and gradually build up the muscle and be off the boot in about 2 weeks. So she walked on it for the first time in 6 weeks to the physical therapy department to get some therabands and exercises for her rehab, and while we're waiting there, the PA comes back and says the podiatrist said she shouldn't walk on it for 2 more weeks. Needless to say, Kamala is very upset about that news. She hasn't had pain for almost 2 weeks, and she didn't have any pain walking on it today (just some tightness), and she was really excited to get rid of the crutches, and then this. She's also wondering about going with the first 3 diagnoses and ignoring the 4th. What would you do?

2 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

I would play it safe and not risk injury again. Remember the pod is focused on the foot and that's there speciality. I'm sure you can probably walk on it and you may be fine, but why risk breaking it again and having to be on crutches that much longer.

jamieBEE said...

I hope you had fun throwing your crutches off the balcony! :)