Sunday, February 15, 2015

Very Fun Valentine's Weekend with Cousins!!!

This was a fun week.
The weather was nice, Kadi was in a good mood, I was feeling ok and we were getting visitors during the weekend. I have been trying to make up a weekly plan of what Kadi and I should do. We have several weekly stops, base library, neighborhood playtime, and runs to the bookstore. I really wanted to start something that we do together several times a week. At first we started doing weekly crafts now I'm thinking we might start doing preschool activities too. I know she's not even 3 yet but when a 2 yr old knows her numbers and letters you don't hold her back.
I have another genius in my house!!!!
This was our weekly craft we did for daddy for Valentine's Day  
All the shapes to make the fish are hearts...kinda fun. We made a Ladybug later on while Trav was gone on his ski trip.

So apparently at Malmstrom AFB they get 1-2 ski days every winter. It doesn't go against their leave for the year...it's just a day they can go out and enjoy Montana. Kadi and I totally would have gone with him but I had a dentist appointment...and I'm almost to the third trimester so I'm getting as much done as I can. So Kadi and I stayed here with friends and enjoyed a fun mom and kid day. 
While Trav enjoyed this...who got the better deal?
Travis and Alex Hughes went to Big Sky Ski Resort which has a GREAT military discount. It is just outside of White Fish which is near Columbia Falls which has another AMAZING military discount at their resort (same one we stayed at in January).
They had fun having a day without patients and no noisy kids. 
Travis knows how to ski and snowboard, he decided to ski this time but said that when I get to go up next year he'll snowboard with me.
Such goofy guys!!!
Travis LOVES his home state!!! He loves sharing it's beauty with others and showing them why it's awesome to be stationed here.
I haven't seen mountains like these since Cali and Alaska...Utah and Idaho wanna say they have something similar but...yea no sorry.
Apparently the guys talked about welding projects and "rocket stoves" on the drive there and back. 
Kadi and I had our own fun while they were gone. Angela Hughes and Asher spent ALL day with us. We had SO much fun. Kadi was going through withdrawals for a little while after...she loves that kid.

Friday we got the joy with a visit from another Sloan family. Ryan, Angelika and the boys came to town!!! Yay!!!
 Saturday was spent playing at the barn, park and home before we decided to head to the "Flippin Family Fun Zone". Of course I can't bounce on trampolines so I was in charge of pictures and preparing dinner.
 I can only take so so pictures when I'm not allowed where the trampolines are...so these will have to do. 
 They wore themselves out!!! The younger kids hardly made it through dinner before falling asleep.
 Kadi LOVES to bounce. Something tells me we are going to be visiting this place SEVERAL times.

Sunday was COLD!!!
That didn't stop us though. We had to show the boys the Shortest River in America.
Kadi LOVES these boys!!!
They were SO sweet to her. They tried to include her in almost EVERYTHING they did. Considering the youngest boy is 2 yrs older than her I think that is SO sweet.
What a blessing it is to live so close to AMAZING family that WANT to be part of our life.  
We are so blessed and loved. 
Thank you Sloans for coming and seeing us. 
We want to come see you next!!!

0 comments: