The last week of spring break I was able to go home for my youngest sisters baptism. It was a real neat experience and I truly enjoyed being home for a real Easter. Everything was green and flowers were blooming like its supposed in March, in other words there was no snow. The baptism was originally scheduled for exactly on her birthday cause it was during our spring break, but Travis was unable to go. The price of airline tickets was awful. My sister was pretty upset that Trav wasn't coming, she really loves her brother-in-law, but was happy to talk to him on the phone that day. I also got to have a special part in the program, I talked on Baptism. And if any of you know me well you'll know that I hate talking in public. I know I did that for a summer but not about something this important. I was incredibly nervous, but in the end it turned out okay. After the baptism my parents had a spaghetti dinner at their place. It was a great day. My sister just glowed like there was no tomorrow. She is definitely a special little girl. The next day when we all went to church that sweet thing even played the third hand with the organist! Pretty amazing for an 8 year old!! Sorry I like to brag and boast about my little princess. Needless to say it was an awesome weekend and I can hardly wait for them to come visit me while Travis is in Alabama in June. Here are some pictures of that saturday.
My Dad and youngest sister Amelia
Before the candle blowing
Blow out those candles!!
(my 13 yr old brother in brown behind her)
Yea!! Happy Birthday Princess!!!
3 comments:
looks like you had a fun visit back home. i can't wait to go home this summer. only a couple more months.
Looks like fun. I'm glad you got to go even if Travis didn't. Why is he headed to Alabama?
Ah...to have nice warm weather! Maybe someday the sun will finally still around here in Des Moines. I'm sure you're talk on baptism was awesome. When you and Travis spoke in sacrament, Matt said he was really impressed. (I was too, but he's harder to impress than me. So take that as a huge compliment).
Post a Comment