Sunday, March 1, 2015

March...really?!?!?

I'm still in shock that it is already March!!! I know my Kadi's pregnancy went fast and I was hoping that it would be the same because Kadi is SO excited. Well not the case this time...I know it has to do with the fact the weather keeps fluctuating and that Kadi wears me out each. and. every. day. 
So life moves oh so slowly on.
I tried an experiment this week. I had left over asparagus from last week and decided to try to get Kadi to eat it. She can be SO picky at times. Right now the vegetables she WILL eat are green beans, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. Other than that it's a hit and miss even if she has eaten the dish before. So here I went...off to see how big of a fight it would be.
I added the below mixture of chicken and asparagus to a tomato Alfredo sauce and noodles.
SUCCESS!!!!
She ate it up and even said she liked it!!! Not only that but she even ate the leftovers! I am so pleased and hope that we can continue this kind of eating habits.

I have mentioned to some that we have been blessed with super awesome neighbors and friends here in Great Falls. We LOVE watching little Asher and we REALLY LOVE having an actual date night almost every week. Bless Travis and Alex's hearts most of the time when it's date night the wives are typically busy doing other things. So the guys watch the kids on their own most nights.
This week I was doing my visiting teaching and came home to this shenanigans.
Not sure what sparked the idea but this is our two person tent put up in our living room. Apparently they had a BLAST!!! Now of course Kadi wants to build a tent or castle ALL the TIME now. 
I love how she wants to have adventures daily

I had to include Trav's weekly project.
He is working on improving his design for his "Rocket Stove". He has made it taller, wider and has added a internal chimney. Now all he wants to get gravel and then a screen for on top. Oh the mind of this man...never stops whirling.
I LOVE IT!!!!

0 comments: