Sunday, March 8, 2015

My Poor Kadi Bug!!!

So as awesome and happy as last week might have sounded it all came crashing down this week!!!
Kadi caught the flu this week!!!
She developed a cough last Saturday...continued and then got worse by Monday. At that point I checked her temp and it was higher than normal and then before she took a nap she told me her ears hurt. I eventually actually took her into the clinic...yes it's tricky cause her dad is the pediatrician. 
No ear infection found but all signs and symptoms pointed to the flu. So off we went to the pharmacy to pick up meds and then home to try and recoup.
The rest of the week entailed of lots of the following...  
LOTS of coloring,
LOTS of game playing, puzzles, LOTS of Octonauts, and lots and LOTS of cuddles!!!
The sad part to the last is that the bigger my tummy gets the smaller my lap becomes. Kadi is NOT impressed!!! I carried her down the stairs and then back up at least 2-3 times a day. Believe it or not she stayed dry ALL week though. 
All the cuddles and rides up and down the stairs definitely had some pregnancy repercussions. I had several contraction filled nights. So in essence I was worn out by day and worn out day night. I am SO glad Kadi is on the mend and starting to act more like herself.

Travis has had his own busy week. Work has been busy...tis the flu season. And when you see 20 patients a day you get a little worn out. I've done my best to have patience with both Trav and Kadi so I don't get TOO frustrated. Since he needed to de-stress he headed out to the barn to work on one of the MANY projects we have out there.
This is the front door of our barn...it has gotten VERY muddy and slippery. We have been wanting to add a walkway for a while now. So he jumped at the opportunity and succeed immensely!!!
This wifey is so proud!!!

0 comments: