Sunday, August 24, 2014

Last trip...and another wedding!

Our last traveling weekend for awhile...I really need to get started with the unpacking.
There are no words to express how excited we are to be within driving distance to both families. Not only that but also a BUNCH of friends! The drive to Utah is a bit longer than driving to Polson but shorter than driving to California. 
We weren't sure how Kadi would do with a straight 10 hrs in the car so we split it up into 2 days. Travis has an AWESOME Flight Commander who also is the Nurse Practitioner in his clinic (I'll talk about him more later), he gave Trav an extra day off so he could come with us to the wedding. So we headed off in the afternoon on Thurs to get to my Aunt and Uncle's by Friday afternoon. We stopped in Idaho Falls for an overnight stop. Boy it was weird to be in and around our old college stomping grounds. We haven't been in the area in...oh...a VERY long time.
We got to stay with Trav's HS buddy Garth Braithwaite and his family. This was WAY too long of a span of time since we saw them last. We loved seeing them and letting our girls play. Kadi had a BLAST!!!

Once in Utah we headed to my Fav Aunt and Uncle's place in Spanish Fork. Their son David was getting married...him and Josh are really close buddies! We were so excited to be close enough to be there. The sealing was beautiful and so sweet. I loved being able to sit next to my mom and Trav.

Kadi stayed outside with her other cousins with cousin Jamie in charge. Kadi made another special relationship this weekend in Jamie. Not sure if it is cause Amelia and Jamie are so alike or just cause Jamie is just THAT special. I think it's both!


Waiting patiently to see the pretty princess in come out of the temple!

That mention of a princess brought on a series of spins and an onslaught of Frozen songs being sung!


The Princess and Prince have arrived!!!

So in love!!!
It is ABSOLUTELY CRAZY that this was us 10 YEARS ago!!!
Good grief I'm getting old!!!


Since Julie is the 3rd(or 4th not sure) of 10 and David is the 2nd of 4 but BARELY off his mission isn't wasn't long before they were attacked by their younger siblings. It was kinda cute!

It made me want to cry cause I could imagine my brother here in a few years. 


Gotta throw in my silly Uncle Ron...father of the groom. He's my dad's baby brother...and my fav uncle I have to admit. I love how they are always willing be welcome us into their home and into their lives. What a blessing they have been to me.

Had to catch a quick pic of them in front of the temple...this is Provo. It's a little odd compared to some temples but still very pretty and oh so majestic with the statue of Moroni shining in the summer sun!

My momma and my best friend. Nearly 14 yrs ago I couldn't call her that but I am so glad I can. I LOVE our relationship!!! It's all about fun, love, and just being who we are...what more could you ask for!

So the MTC that my baby brother Joshua is at is only a few blocks away from the temple. It was SO hard to be so close but SO far away from him. The missionaries come up to do sessions all the time and we kept hoping we would see him, but it wasn't his day...boo.


So right after the wedding there was a luncheon for those invited. It was during Kadi's nap time so we snuck her into a room after she ate and she slept through the WHOLE thing. Can you say teething!!!
So after the luncheon us three (Kadi, mom, Trav and I) snuck off for some shopping then came back for the reception.
It was a nice quiet simple reception. To be honest...a little too quiet. But I'm used to my VERY outgoing sisters and their friends. Yes I would be partying up too but I'm not as much as they are. Kadi was LOVING the dancing. We had to tell her numerous times to let the princess dance or here over to the side. She LOVED being in the middle of the dance floor.


Good boy David, nice and sweet!!!
I LOVE my sweet girl!!!

You could tell by the end of the night that she was starting to get tired and cranky but she didn't want to stop dancing. She's gonna be a dancing queen!!!

The trip home was a little easier in some ways but harder in others.
She was REALLY upset to leave Gramma Tracy!!! She didn't stop calling for her till we were on the HWY. It broke my heart! She NEVER let go of the blankie that Jamie gave her and still sleeps with it every night.   
I did catch these pictures of her "napping"! She was asleep but when we got close to Great Falls you'd here giggles. Silly silly girl.
It was a long weekend but we loved it, wouldn't take it back at all.
Now it's on to real life Trav has started seeing patients...half days for 2 weeks while they make sure he's completely in the system. Kadi and I are unpacking like mad on top of finding time to play, workout and work with the horse. I'm sure life will relax as the house gets more settled and I finally relax enough to make new friends. It's just hard...I have two VERY big holes to fill. I really wish that I could have moved the Kraczek's and the Bihn's with us so we could all be within 5 miles of each other. It would be heaven in my point of view.
Oh well...so is the life of a military doctor's wife.
I'll post more this week.

0 comments: